Free PDF The Leadership Secrets of Colin Powell, by Oren Harari. The Leadership Secrets Of Colin Powell, By Oren Harari When writing can alter your life, when creating can enrich you by supplying much money, why do not you try it? Are you still very baffled of where getting the ideas? PDFDownload The Leadership Secrets of Colin Powell Full Pages Details Details Product: One of Booklist's Top 10 Business Books of 2002 and a BusinessWeek, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today business bestsellerManagement professor Oren Harari adopts Colin Powell's rise into the upper ranks of American power as a model for decision makers in the private sector. Access full book title The Leadership Secrets Of Colin Powell Sebuah Paradigma Baru Kepemimpinan by, the book also available in format PDF, EPUB, and Mobi Format. Read online books or download The Leadership Secrets Of Colin Powell Sebuah Paradigma Baru Kepemimpinan full books, save it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Good leadership involves responsibility to the welfare of the group, which. Means that some people will get angry at your actions and decisions. Inevitable, if you're honorable. Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign. Of mediocrity: you'll avoid the tough decisions, you'll avoid confronting the.
- The Leadership Secrets Of Colin Powell Pdf Free Download Version
- The Leadership Secrets Of Colin Powell Pdf Free Download Free
“Leadership is the art of accomplishing more than the science of management says is possible.” This is one of many quotes attributed to legendary public statesman and former Secretary of State Colin Powell.
Since his retirement from public office in 2004, Powell has spent much of his time sharing his leadership knowledge with the business community. In his 2012 book, It Worked For Me, Powell attributes his success to hard work, straight talk, respect for others, and thoughtful analysis.
At the heart of the book are Powell’s “13 Rules” — ideas that he gathered over the years that formed the basis of his leadership principals.
Powell’s 13 Rules are listed below. They are full of emotional intelligence and wisdom for any leader.
1. It Ain’t as Bad as You Think! It Will Look Better in the Morning. Leaving the office at night with a winning attitude affects more than you alone; it conveys that attitude to your followers.
The Leadership Secrets Of Colin Powell Pdf Free Download Version
2. Get Mad Then Get Over It. Instead of letting anger destroy you, use it to make constructive change.
3. Avoid Having Your Ego so Close to your Position that When Your Position Falls, Your Ego Goes With It. Keep your ego in check, and know that you can lead from wherever you are.
4. It Can be Done. Leaders make things happen. If one approach doesn’t work, find another.
5. Be Careful What You Choose. You May Get It. Your team will have to live with your choices, so don’t rush.
6. Don’t Let Adverse Facts Stand in the Way of a Good Decision. Superb leadership is often a matter of superb instinct. When faced with a tough decision, use the time available to gather information that will inform your instinct.
7. You Can’t Make Someone Else’s Choices. You Shouldn’t Let Someone Else Make Yours. While good leaders listen and consider all perspectives, they ultimately make their own decisions. Accept your good decisions. Learn from your mistakes.
The Leadership Secrets Of Colin Powell Pdf Free Download Free
8. Check Small Things. Followers live in the world of small things. Find ways to get visibility into that world.
9. Share Credit. People need recognition and a sense of worth as much as they need food and water.
10. Remain calm. Be kind. Few people make sound or sustainable decisions in an atmosphere of chaos. Establish a calm zone while maintaining a sense of urgency.
11. Have a Vision. Be Demanding. Followers need to know where their leaders are taking them and for what purpose. To achieve the purpose, set demanding standards and make sure they are met.
12. Don’t take counsel of your fears or naysayers. Successful organizations are not built by cowards or cynics.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. If you believe and have prepared your followers, your followers will believe.
Colin Powell’s rules are short but powerful. Use them as a reminder to manage your emotions, model the behavior you want from others, and lead your team through adversity.
Question: Which of the 13 rules have you mastered? Which one can you work on today?
Interested in receiving some one-on-one leadership coaching?
Check out our Leadership Development services or email
[email protected] directly to set-up a free 30 minute consultation.
Join me and Dr. Tony Baron at our next Re:Imagine Leadership Summit April 26 in San Diego! Success doesn’t happen by luck. It’s intentional. Without a leadership roadmap, your team will wander aimlessly through shifting priorities leaving them confused about the purpose of their jobs. Come to a one-day immersion in transformative leadership crafted to inspire and engage you.